Friday, March 08, 2013

Congratulations! He's a Boy!...NO SHE is a GIRL!!!


So I (Penguin) always thought my blue lobster was a boy. Today after checking twice I found out I was wrong...

It all started this morning. She has gotten quite a bit bigger then when I first got her and I just noticed she had these small extra legs/fins under her tail. This made me doubt that she was a he.

I informed Bear of my un-sure-ness and we hatched a plan so we could 100% know. Bear had the idea to get a glass bowl, put the lobster in and and look underneath and compare it to a diagram of a lobster and we'd know. But while she was out we decided to hold her as I'd wanted to since I got her and I had been training her to get used to my hand. After having a look we still thought that she was a he.

BUT ... DUN DUN DUN

While looking for a better picture (as we decided we were going to blog about it and wanted a picture of the diagram) we thought we should have one of a blue lobster rather then a normal one, so you could tell it was meant to be claws.

When we found one, we discovered that blue lobster sexing was different from normal lobster sexing. And from the looks of it my lobster was a girl. So again we got the bowl out held her up and found out she is a girl!

So now I penguin have 3 girls (Just like Bear.. We are always the same even when we don't mean to be). I just have more boys.

 This is the misleading photo that made us think that she was a he!
This made us doubt that she was a he and let us know that sexing red and blue lobsters are different.


And this was the picture that confirmed that she was a she! 


- BEAR .&.&. PENGUIN X X X 

No comments:

Post a Comment